Rage - Resurrection Day

Raskaamman musiikin keskustelut
Jussi

Re: Rage - Wings Of Rage (10.1.2019)

Post by Jussi »

Kolmas sinkku julkaistu tänään, tuntuisi heti paremmalta kuin kk takainen True.

https://youtu.be/6NZwdg7JNTc

Uuden levyn kolme avausbiisiä ovat samalla ensimmäiseksi julkaistuja, toivotaan että sieltä löytyy vielä näitä parempia kuitenkin:
Tracklisting wrote: 1. True 5:01
2. (Let Them) Rest in Peace 4:30
3. Chasing The Twilight Zone 4:30
4. Tomorrow 5:02
5. Wings Of Rage 4:30
6. Shadow Over Deadland (The Twilight Transition) 0:35
7. A Nameless Grave 5:59
8. Don't Let Me Down 4:56
9. Shine A Light 6:43
10. HTTS 2.0 3:28
11. Blame It on The Truth 3:54
12. For Those Who Wish To Die 5:28
Jussi

Re: Rage - Wings Of Rage

Post by Jussi »

Oho, kitaristi Marcos lähtee ja korvattaneen kahdella kitaristilla taas :o sääli, mutta samalla hyvä ratkaisu tuon tuplaamisen kannalta!
Ragen fb wrote:Hi Rageheads, this is Peavy...

....there are some changes coming up in the Rage Camp that I want to inform you about. Our friend and guitar player Marcos Rodriguez will not perform with Rage anymore due to personal and private reasons that make it necessary for him to move on.

There are no bad feelings or arguments between us, we will continue being friends and we will surely continue making music together, just a bit more „behind the scenes". Life is changing constantly and so it is for us. As I want only the best for my friends, I accept his decision and wish him all the best for his future, so do all of us in the Rage Camp.

At the same time I'm planning for the future of Rage! Now, I am thinking about upgrading the band into a four piece line up with two guitar men at my side! My vision is to get a perfect line up in the way Rage sounded in the 90`s, only better and at a modern level. We´re working hard right now to bring Rage on that new level! Very soon we will present you the retreaded shape of the Rage Metal institution!

Watch out for upcoming news and stay healthy, so we can celebrate our favourite music and songs as soon as the corona crisis is under control...

Your Metal brother... Peavy
Uusin albumi oli samalla tasavahva, mutta hieman hititön, enkä myöskään allekirjoita uuden Higher Than The Sky -version tarvetta. Mutta hra Rodriguezin trilogian tapaan monessa kohtaa tulee itselleni tärkeät ysäri-Raget mieleen ja se on aina hyvä asia.

edit: vain reilua kk myöhemmin tässä on jo uusi, jämäkkä versio Black In Mindin klassikosta ja hyvältä kuulostaa!

https://youtu.be/7_XPmfjWoKg
SPV wrote:Rage are back from the Corona crisis with a double bang: as had already been rumoured behind the scenes, guitarist Marcos Rodriguez has left the band. To replace him, vocalist/bassist Peavy Wagner has welcomed two new stringsmen to the Rage fold. New addition Stefan Weber (ex-Axxis) was introduced to the public at the Metal Hammer online show in early May, now the band has presented its second new member, Jean Bormann (formerly Angelic, Rage & Ruins). Alongside Peavy, drummer Vassilios "Lucky" Maniatopoulos continues to be part of the group’s permanent line-up. The full new Rage line-up can be seen and heard for the first time in the ‘The Price Of War 2.0’ video clip, a new edition of the song from Black In Mind.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Toissapv virtuaali-Wackenin keikaltaan tullut 3 biisiä ytubeen:

https://youtu.be/UltiRZZX4KE
Rage found an extraordinary place to record an exclusive show for Wacken World Wide: Balver Cage is a huge cave with archeological relevance. Enjoy some heavy power metal served in the rocks!

Songs:

00:00 Straight to Hell
06:22 Black in Mind
10:31 Higher than the Sky
Rasulo

Post by Rasulo »

Tässä välissä Rage on julkaissut jo Resurrection Day -albumin (2021) ja Spreading the Plague -EP:n (2023). Resurrection Day oli vaihteeksi sellainen Ragen albumi, että se pääsi minulla kestokuunteluun. Biisit olivat tasavahvoja, mutta Mind Control ja erityisesti Extinction Overkill olivat ylitse muiden. Jälkimmäisen sanoituksissa Peavy maalailee maailmanloppua, koska ilmaston lämpeneminen on jo laukaissut ketjureaktion, joka sulattaa ikiroudan ja vapauttaa Siperian maahan sitoutuneet kasvihuonekaasut taivaalle. Mahtava lätty!
Jussi

Re: Rage - Resurrection Day

Post by Jussi »

^ totta. Kuten joskus viime vuonna JNS-ketjuun kirjoitin, se on parastaan liki 20 vuoteen ja omia top-5 levyjä 2021!

Ei oikeastaan huonoa biisiä lainkaan, sinkku Virginity ehkä heikoin & a New Land oma ykkössuosikkini. EP oli taas aika selkeästi siltä (syystä) ylijäänyttä kampetta, mutta ostin silti totta kai CD:n, onhan kyse Ragesta :D