Sabbathman

Re: King Diamond / Mercyful Fate

Post by Sabbathman »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! :metal:
KING DIAMOND: Trailer For Upcoming 'Songs For The Dead Live' DVD, Blu-Ray

October 31, 2018

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/king-d ... d-blu-ray/

KING DIAMOND: Trailer For Upcoming 'Songs For The Dead Live' DVD, Blu-Ray

The official trailer for KING DIAMOND's forthcoming DVD and Blu-ray, "Songs For The Dead Live", can be seen below. The set, which is expected in the coming months via Metal Blade, will contain two full KING DIAMOND shows, filmed on June 17, 2016 at Graspop Metal Meeting in Dessel, Belgium and November 25, 2015 at The Fillmore in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xPrwiXVE74
clairvoyant

Post by clairvoyant »

Varsin hyvältä näyttää ja kuulostaa kyllä!
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

KING DIAMOND To Release 'Songs For The Dead Live' DVD/Blu-Ray In January

December 6, 2018

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/king-d ... n-january/

On January 25, KING DIAMOND will release a new DVD/Blu-ray, "Songs For The Dead Live", via Metal Blade Records.

There is only one King Diamond, and for more than thirty years the great Dane has been dropping classic albums and putting on shows fans remember for the rest of their lives. Perhaps the only downside to having such a formidable catalogue is that there are just too many great songs to fit into a single set. However, you would be hard-pressed to find a fan who wouldn't want to hear 1987's seminal "Abigail" in its entirety, and "Songs For The Dead Live" captures this, twice, and in very different locales. Boasting eighteen songs per set, each of the two shows — Belgium's Graspop Metal Meeting in June 2016 and Philadelphia's Fillmore in November 2015 — features a brace of classic KING DIAMOND and MERCYFUL FATE tracks, including "Welcome Home", "Halloween" and "Eye Of The Witch" before launching into "Abigail". The performances of the all-star lineup of musicians, comprising of guitarists Andy LaRocque and Mike Wead, bassist Pontus Egberg and drummer Matt Thompson, are absolutely ferocious, hammering home every single moment.

For a preview of "Songs For The Dead Live", a video for "Sleepless Nights (Live at The Fillmore)" can be viewed below.

"Songs For The Dead Live" can be pre-ordered in the following formats:

* 2DVD/CD 6-Panel Digipak
* Blu-ray (includes audio digital download of Philadelphia Show)
* special edition box set with 5 discs (2DVD, 2CD, 1 Blu-ray) plus poster, flier, laminate, setlist, ticket, sticker, and guitar pick (limited to 3000 copies)
* opaque blue with white splatter vinyl (U.S. retail exclusive - limited to 600 copies)
* opaque red with black splatter vinyl (U.S. webstore exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
* opaque white with black splatter vinyl (U.S. webstore exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
* 180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
* transparent amber marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 700 copies)
* clear ghost white vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 500 copies)
* orange-brown/black marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 300 copies)
* black/purple melt vinyl (Nuclear Blast exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
* orange/red marbled vinyl (Napalm exclusive - limited to 300 copies)
* clear lavender marbled vinyl (EMP exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
* clear ash grey marbled vinyl (Bengan exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
* pink blue marbled vinyl (Ebay exclusive - limited to 200 copies)

Captured on film by director Denise Korycki for Wild Wind Studios, she worked closely with King on every aspect of filming, and throughout the viewer finds themselves front and center as the shows unfold. This includes some inventive camera placement, such as riding in on the back of the wheelchair as it is wheeled out to "Out From The Asylum" at the start of the show, or looking up from the coffin at the commencement of "Abigail" opener "Funeral", which adds an extra dimension to proceedings. Naturally, the theatricality that has become synonymous with KING DIAMOND is there in full force, making for an even more immersive experience. The gothic stage set and the participation of actors playing out certain scenes tying into the songs definitely increases the drama and the sense of complete disconnect from the trappings of reality, ensuring that the shows remain riveting from start to finish.

While the setlists are virtually identical, the drastic difference in the two venues make for distinctly different atmospheres. The sweeping, epic scale of Graspop and the virtual sea of baying metalheads makes for a particularly thrilling spectacle, King holding them all in the palm of his hand. The Fillmore show is immediately more intimate, and rather than a mixed bag of metal lovers drunk on a weekend of the heavy stuff, the audience is comprised entirely of the KING DIAMOND devout, screaming back every word, their love for their hero bleeding from every frame. "Songs For The Dead Live" gives those who missed out on seeing these shows in the flesh a chance to vividly experience them, offering so much deeper an experience than your run of the mill live DVD.

Graspop Metal Meeting track listing

01. Out From The Asylum
02. Welcome Home
03. Sleepless Nights
04. Halloween
05. Eye Of The Witch
06. Melissa
07. Come To The Sabbath
08. Them
09. Funeral
10. Arrival
11. A Mansion In Darkness
12. The Family Ghost
13. The 7th Day Of July 1777
14. Omens
15. The Possession
16. Abigail
17. Black Horsemen
18. Insanity

The Fillmore track listing

01. Out From The Asylum
02. Welcome Home
03. Sleepless Nights
04. Eye Of The Witch
05. Halloween
06. Melissa
07. Come To The Sabbath
08. Them
09. Funeral
10. Arrival
11. A Mansion In Darkness
12. The Family Ghost
13. The 7th Day Of July 1777
14. Omens
15. The Possession
16. Abigail
17. Black Horsemen
18. Insanity
-AsmodeuS-

Post by -AsmodeuS- »

Vihdoinkin..tein preorderin: boxset ja vinyyli :metal:
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Tein kans preorderin: boxset :metal:
-AsmodeuS-

Post by -AsmodeuS- »

Vielä kun saatais uutta levyä joskus..ohan tässä jo 11v.kulunut :lol: Ja sit soundit kuntoon ja rumpalille vapaammat kädet! Ulkopuolinen tuottaja saattas tehdä hyvää mutta epäilen ettei tuu tapahtumaan!!
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

-AsmodeuS- wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:55 am Vielä kun saatais uutta levyä joskus..ohan tässä jo 11v.kulunut :lol: Ja sit soundit kuntoon ja rumpalille vapaammat kädet! Ulkopuolinen tuottaja saattas tehdä hyvää mutta epäilen ettei tuu tapahtumaan!!
Lupaus tai tavoitehan on ollut kova eli "albumi joka tappaa kaikki aiemmat albumit"

No, nähtäväksi jää - ainakin Kingi laulaa paremmin kuin ehkä koskaan! Se on kuultu ja todistettu paikan päällä.

Pääasiana nyt on kuitenkin tämä livejulkaisu jota on odoteltu pelkästään täällä Imperiumissa 10 vuoden ajan ja 42 sivun verran.
-AsmodeuS-

Post by -AsmodeuS- »

Niin ja kun vielä joskus saataisiin se alkuperäinen suunnitelma dvd/bluraylle..eli Mercyful Faten ja Kingin keikkaa 80-luvulta..
Koli

Post by Koli »

Kovaa kamaa. Ilmeisesti tuo Graspopin audio-CD on saatavilla ainoastaan boksissa, joten täytyy ostaa se, vaikka muuten onkin täynnä turhaa krääsää. Posterikin lienee taitettu.

En muuten tiennyt, että nykyään saa yli 85min cd-levyjä
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Seuraava tarina ulottuu sitten kahdelle levylle, uutta showta ja lavasysteemiä rakennellaan... Image
KING DIAMOND's Next Two Albums Will Tell 'Gruesome' Story: 'It's Gonna Be Very Creepy,' He Says

March 25, 2019

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/king-d ... y-he-says/

King Diamond was interviewed on the March 22-24 edition of Full Metal Jackie's nationally syndicated radio show. You can now listen to the chat using the Podbean widget below. A couple of excerpts follow.

Full Metal Jackie: Since your last studio album, you underwent very serious heart surgery and you also had a son. How have such major life events been influencing lyrical ideas for your next album?

King: "Oh, the next album's gonna be gruesome — absolutely gruesome. The storyline is… well, it's in a way where I can't even put it into just one album. So, it has to be over two albums. And it's really planned out to work in a very special way with the show as well. So the show is being built right now in Denmark and it's built around that story, so that it really can go hand in hand. Right now, I already know how the production will develop for the next tour, after this tour, so that when we do part two of that story, I know how the whole thing ends, of course, already, and I know how the production is gonna change and how it's gonna be culminating in one very, very big thing. So it's a long project, several years. Actually, the next three years are gonna be very, very intense for us. There is a lot of things that is in the planning. Also, after we signed up with 5B [artist] management, a lot of good stuff is coming out of that, piece by piece. We are getting a plan that is gonna be amazing for our fans for the next three years — something that's gonna come that they would not expect, I think. So some very, very cool prospects.

"[The album] has something to do with parallel worlds and punishment, and other stuff like that. You'll see us torture our dear little Abigail on stage. It's part of the story; you'll see it. But it's great to be here enjoying life. And [my son] Byron, it's been almost two years now [since he was born], and it's incredible. But it hasn't changed me very much when it comes to what I stand for and the stories that's coming and the musical style that's coming. It's total, utter KING DIAMOND."

Full Metal Jackie: The next album is said to be a story set in a 1920s mental institution. What makes that time and place a good setting for a KING DIAMOND album?

King: "Actually, I chose that because I think it's a very creepy scenario. And the thing is that I know that somebody has talked about that, but that's not the setting, actually. There's a lot of other things involved, but the setting looks as if it was a 1920s asylum — that's exactly what it looks like. And some of the things that go on that we're gonna show onstage is also things that certainly was going on back then, when medicine was beginning to take a beneficial turn in history and actually being able to help human beings live longer. But there was some experimentation going on, too, that was absolutely gruesome. Some of that is involved in the story, but it's something totally different. Once you get to the second part of the story, you will begin to suddenly understand that, 'What the hell is going on here? What is this really about?' Cause there's a whole different story that will not come to you till second part. But in the first part, you're gonna get to know a lot people at a certain place.

"Instead of telling the story — it's way too much — but it does take place, I won't say where, what it's called, because that's the title of the album and I won't let that out yet. But some of it takes place here, this world, and some of it takes place in a parallel world. And there's a correlation between what happened to me and what happens to some people in this place and where they suddenly appear. And you will find out why they are there, how they appear there and the places down the road. I won't say too much right now, but it's gonna be very creepy.

"The stage that we're building for this is gonna be something else. Some of the things that are gonna happen onstage will be also very, very amazing. We are adding an extra floor to the whole thing, [to] what we had last time. We had stairs leading up to a second floor, and there's gonna be a third floor as well now. And I don't like heights very much, so this is one of these stupid things I like to do to myself sometimes. I test myself and see how I'm gonna feel when I'm up there on the third floor — looking out over [with] only a broken banister to make me feel safe, you know."
Osynlig

Post by Osynlig »

High Roller on julkaissut Brats - 1980 -albumin CD/LP:llä!!! Kitaroissa siis Hank ja Mike Mercyful Fatesta.

https://www.hrrshop.de/BRATS-1980-SLIPCASE-CD_1
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

KING DIAMOND Performs New Song, 'Masquerade Of Madness', At HELLFEST (Video)

June 22, 2019

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/king-d ... est-video/

KING DIAMOND played a brand new song, "Masquerade Of Madness", live for the first time during its June 21 concert at Hellfest in Clisson, France. Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be seen below.

https://www.facebook.com/ThatPauriGuy/v ... 976516996/
Esko

Post by Esko »

Kinkku on tullut nähtyä moneen otteeseen viime vuosina ja toki sen olisi nyt kesälläkin käynyt katsomassa, jos olisi Suomeen tullut. (Tai samoille kinkereille Eurooppaan minne itse suuntaamassa) Nyt tilanne on toinen. Herkullinen settilista omaan mieleen pakottaa lähtemään elokuussa Ruotsiin. Toki odotettavissa on Suomen keikka/keikkoja uuden levyn tiimoilta myöhemmin, mutta jokainen joka haluaa, niin käyköön tarkistamassa settilistan viime keikoilta. Eihän siinä mitään maata mullistavaa ole, mutta muutama yllättävä valinta riittää itselle.
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Kingin levyä odotellessa...
DENNER'S INFERNO Feat. MERCYFUL FATE Guitarist MICHAEL DENNER: 'Fountain Of Grace' EP Due In August

July 26, 2019

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/denner ... in-august/

DENNER'S INFERNO, the new band featuring legendary KING DIAMOND and MERCYFUL FATE guitar player and composer Michael Denner, has released the title track of its debut EP, "Fountain Of Grace". The EP will be made available on August 24 on vinyl and CD. The song will also be featured on DENNER'S INFERNO's debut album, "In Amber", which is scheduled for release in November on CD and LP through Mighty Music.

DENNER'S INFERNO was born from the ashes of TRICKBACK in 2018 with a new, renewed lineup with '70s prog hard rock meeting doom influences.

Denner comments: "After a lot of thoughts around what to do next, I ended up doing what turned up to be the exact right move towards the music style I really love: '70s-inspired heavy rock. The choice of team for this one came very natural. Bjarne [T Holm, drums] and Flemming [Muus, bass] I've known for decades and exactly what they are capable to do with the rhythm section, and a good vibe to go with it. And by introduction from Mighty Music's Michael H. Andersen, I found the golden voice of Chandler Mogel, a New Yorker with deep roots in the same music style as I love to do."

The musician continues: "This time I chose a selection of songs I wrote with good people during the last few years and a few obscure covers of songs which have made an impact on my taste in music since my journey as a heavy rock guitarist started many years ago now. This album is for the listeners who like their music hard and heavy with strong beautiful vocals and some no-nonsense playing to back it up. Enjoy!"

DENNER'S INFERNO is:

* Michael Denner (MERCYFUL FATE, KING DIAMOND, DENNER SHERMANN) - Guitars
* Chandler Mogel (OUTLOUD, PUNKY MEADOWS, RADIO EXILE) - Vocals
* Flemming Muus (TRICKBAG, JOYTOWN) - Bass
* Bjarne T Holm (MERCYFUL FATE, FORCE OF EVIL, FATE) - Drums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N0aVVcGXrc
Kelpaisi kyllä myös seuraava DENNER+SHERMANN albumi...seuraavaa MERCYFUL FATE levyä tuskin enää tulee, kun ei meinaa tulla tuota Kingin levyäkään...
hex

Post by hex »

King Diamond tiedottaa että Mercyful Fate heittää ensi kesänä keikkaa Euroopassa, soittaen kolmen ensimmäisen julkaisun biisejä ja pari uuttakin. Tuska, nyt hereillä!
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Melkoinen uutispommi, varsinkin uutta Kingin levyä odotellessa! Onhan kyse yhdestä kaikkien aikojen kovimmasta bändistä joka on vielä näkemättä. Tämä bändi kyllä ylittää reissukynnyksen jopa Tuskaan jonne noin muuten ei ole enää mitään intoa lähteä. Nummirock kun tämän vonkaleen nappaisi...
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

God bless Timi, syöpätaistelu meneillään. :cry:
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

:metal:
KING DIAMOND To Release 'The Institute' Album In 2020; Fall 2019 North American Tour Announced

August 19, 2019

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/king-d ... announced/

After introducing a new live show, as well as music, at festivals across Europe this summer, KING DIAMOND is now ready to officially reveal the title and theme for the first studio album in 12 years: "The Institute". Fans can expect the debut single to arrive this fall and an album in 2020. In the meantime, a teaser video can be viewed below.

KING DIAMOND's namesake frontman comments: "For reasons unknown to you, it is clear that you have no way of making it to 'The Institute' on your own at this point. Therefore, we will bring 'The Institute' to you. You don't want to miss this special opportunity for treatment only we can give you. It could be for your own good, you know…"
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Ihme kun Denneriä ei kukaan kysynyt mukaan MF-paluuseen...ja eipä tule enää D/S-levyjäkään..
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/micha ... e-reunion/

"I was not asked to join, and was told only two days before it was public news. I think it's a pity for the fans of the original MERCYFUL FATE. Especially since I'm in the shape of my life right now. But now it's just a matter of putting it behind me, and look forward to the release of the upcoming DENNER'S INFERNO album 'In Amber'."

"I'm in shape for it and I'm ready — anytime, anyplace, man," he said. "But I'm not sure King [Diamond, MERCYFUL FATE frontman] has the same plans. He's busy doing his stuff [with KING DIAMOND] and he's doing very, very good. So why should he split [the pie] in three when he can have a hundred percent? But then again, I saw an interview with him he did a few months ago, and he said if it should be done, it might be with the lineup who did the last two albums. And that leaves me out. [Laughs] Then it's not the original lineup he wants. He wants to do it with the Swedish guys."

"I mean, it's a bit sad, but if that's how he feels, I cannot do anything about it."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/micha ... ion-plans/

"MERCYFUL FATE did two albums before they laid it to rest way back in — that's a long time ago now; over 20 years ago now. So when they [reformed] the band, they wanted to continue with the same lineup as they did way back then. But what surprised me — I didn't know anything about this; I heard it two days before it was officially released. And I [went], 'Woah!' Because somehow in there it looked like it was supposed to be the original lineup [performing] songs from the first three albums. And that took me by surprise, because I was very much a part of these albums. And I felt a bit sad about it. But then again, I'm happy with what I do with [DENNER'S] INFERNO. If this is what Hank [Shermann, MERCYFUL FATE guitarist] and King [Diamond, MERCYFUL FATE singer] wanna do, I cannot force them to bring me in the band. I just wish them the best of luck. And I just wanna move on, doing my own stuff…. I was part of the MERCYFUL FATE history — a big part — but if they wanna go that way, then I cannot force them to change their mind. And I'm in peace with this. It's okay."

"I didn't expect Hank to just keep quiet, because we were on speaking terms always," Michael said. "And we had this telepathic relationship as guitarists and composers and so on. That was a big shock. I didn't expect that. I lost contact with King some years ago — we had some differences; small, small arguments about small things — so I didn't expect King to call me up and say, 'Hey, Michael, let's start the band again.' But with Hank, it's a different story, because we were working very close together. And he even helped me with the INFERNO album — he did some of the guitar recordings for my new album. And he helped me with the artwork for the album cover and a lot of things. So this was quite a big surprise for me."

"It would be very hard. It would not be enough just to give me that call. I would need some serious explanations. That's a hard question to answer, because, of course, my feelings were a bit hurt when it occurred three or four weeks ago. So now I'm healing. I cannot answer that question; I cannot answer it. The only thing I can say is I'm happy where I'm at with the INFERNO album.

"If I hadn't been so active as I am as a guitarist and a composer and so on and so on, then I would just disappear in all this," he continued. "But now I'm a very big part of the whole rumble, because I have a new album and I'm in top shape. Then again, I did my best and succeeded not throwing moths in the face of the other guys during these last three or four weeks — I have not said anything bad about these guys, even though they disappointed me, of course, because I didn't expect this. Not telling me anything me about it until two days before it was official. I didn't expect that, so I was in a shock. It was shocking."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/micha ... alk-about/

"It came as a big shock for me that they left me out. So I haven't talked to them since. Now there's nothing really to talk about. Of course, I was disappointed. They left me out, so that's the end of it, really. I will concentrate on my own stuff now."

"I'm sad to say, because the two records we did were absolutely brilliant," he said. "And I had the pleasure to work with the best metal drummer in the world, Snowy Shaw, who's also one of my closest friends. So that was a big pleasure. And also with the Americans, Sean [Peck] and Marc [Grabowski], who did a marvelous job on [the DENNER/SHERMANN] records. So that was a great experience. But that was the only two records we did. Because there will be nothing more after this. That was the end of it. Sad to say."
Evilhammer

Post by Evilhammer »

Ihme feidaus jättää Denner noin tylysti pois livekokoonpanosta. Ottaen huomioon että soittavat alkupään tuotantoa jossa hän isossa roolissa. Ja kaupan päälle välit poikki Shermannin kanssa:(
Sabbathman

Black Horsemen Lager

Post by Sabbathman »

Pagan Fears

Post by Pagan Fears »

Sabbathman wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:23 pm God bless Timi, syöpätaistelu meneillään. :cry:
Huonostihan siinä kävi. :(
-AsmodeuS-

Post by -AsmodeuS- »

Nonniih..uutta matskua..johan sitä on odotettukin :D :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im0l-QeHJw0

Laitetaan nyt tämäkin..R.I.P Timi Hansen..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqvbwbWbp8E