W.A.S.P.

Raskaamman musiikin keskustelut
Vastaa Viestiin
Metalliluola

26 Syys 2017, 16:37

Torstaina Suomeen saapuva Re-Idolized kiertue käynnistynyt Ruotsista, settilista ja avauskeikka katsottavissa:

http://metalliluola.fi/w-a-s-p-kaynnist ... ottavissa/

Sabbathman

09 Loka 2017, 13:13

Vielä jos tälläinen utopia toteutuisi joskus niin sitten pitäisi kyllä lähteä tsekkaamaan, mutta vaikuttaa liian kaukaiselta toiveunelta...
Steve Riley wants to do W.A.S.P. reunion with Lawless, Holmes and Piper

http://sleazeroxx.com/steve-riley-wants ... and-piper/

Could the classic W.A.S.P. line-up be reuniting in the future?

Blabbermouth recently conducted an interview with L.A. Guns drummer Steve Riley who expressed his interest in having a W.A.S.P. reunion with singer/former bassist (now guitarist) Blackie Lawless, guitarists Randy Piper and Chris Holmes.

The following are excerpts from the interview conducted by Blabbermouth:

“BLABBERMOUTH.NET: When is the last time you played with Randy Piper?

Riley: “It’s been forever. Almost 30 years. I’ve seen him in between and I know he’s stayed active, and I’m so looking forward to playing this Thursday at Vamp’d in Vegas. The SIN CITY SINNERS, they’re a great band and good players. Randy and I are going to sit and play half a dozen, maybe eight of the old W.A.S.P. songs from the first couple of albums. It’s going to be a blast.”

BLABBERMOUTH.NET: Do you think this will lead to anything serious?

Riley: “I hope so. A lot of bands have gotten back together and had reunions. The original W.A.S.P., we have never gotten back together. I’m talking about the four guys who were on the first couple of albums. Blackie [Lawless] has always had good technical players with him, but we had four personalities in that first lineup of W.A.S.P. It was not only great players, but we had personal things going on, too, where each guy was controlling a section of the stage. If it was up to me, I would love to see, even in a limited edition, a W.A.S.P. reunion where all four of us got together. Even if it was limited, that’s what a lot of bands are doing; they’re doing their regular gigs, then specialty gigs on the side. Even if it turns into something like that, I’m totally down.”

BLABBERMOUTH.NET: Have you been in touch with Blackie at all?

Riley: “I haven’t talked to him for about five years. The last time I talked to him was when W.A.S.P. and L.A. GUNS went on a tour together in the U.S. It was a lot of fun seeing him. We put everything aside. We had so much fun, the four of us in those three or four years.”

BLABBERMOUTH.NET: You left W.A.S.P. for L.A. GUNS. Do you think you could have hung around longer?

Riley: “I was ready to do the long run with W.A.S.P. It really got to a point where you could almost feel that the four of us, the four original guys were not going to be in the mix for long. Blackie, it was his band. It was his project. We all knew that anyway. We all loved putting our little piece into it during those early years. What’s really promising is that Randy has been in touch with him [Blackie]. Those two… they had a pretty bad falling out when Randy was let go. I’m glad to hear that they’re talking and they’re friends again. I’m still friends with Blackie, Chris [Holmes] and Randy. If they’re talking, it raises the possibility that we could do some dates. I’m not saying it’s done. I’m just saying with open communication, it’s really promising to see.”

BLABBERMOUTH.NET: The big one would be getting Blackie and Chris together. Chris is in France now, though.

Riley: “With Randy calling me last week, we touched base on what songs we’re going to do in Vegas this week, and we talked about Chris and how he made a great move by going to Europe and getting away from all the things that were destroying him. He cleaned up and he’s been in touch with Randy, and he has done some shows with Randy. So just hearing that, and I love the guy so much, that makes me feel really good. He’s a real brother of mine. It’s nothing worse than watching someone destroy themselves. So if he’s doing well, we’re all doing well.”

BLABBERMOUTH.NET: Time certainly isn’t on your side, but, a full-fledged W.A.S.P. reunion would certainly be received very well.

Riley: “Absolutely. The good thing about it is that we’re all still alive. Everybody has stayed active musically, so it’s not like picking somebody out of the mothballs. Everybody’s been playing a lot, so this is maybe the first salvo with me and Randy playing some shows and doing the old W.A.S.P. material. I hope it leads to something, even a limited thing like what DOKKEN is doing, it would be great and I’d be all in.”
Kyllähän neljältä ensimmäiseltä levyltä saisi kasaan makean settilistan, vaikka edes 4 x 4 biisiä, mutta turhahan tälläisiä on toivoa enää...
Jussi

09 Loka 2017, 14:11

Niinkuin olisi Riley itsekään "original W.A.S.P." :roll: Tony Richards takaisin, paljon parempi rumpali ekalla levyllä! Vaan eipä taida Blackiella kiinnostaa ajatuskaan.

Onko se Steve muuten edes LA Gunsissa enää, kun tuosta on tainnut unohtua ex-etuliite?
Sabbathman

09 Loka 2017, 14:28

Olishan se hienoa kuulla tälläisiä vanhalla koplalla...ja nykyiselläkin! Mutta ei...
The Big Welcome/Inside The Electric Circus
The Heretic (The Lost Child)
Widowmaker
Animal Fuck Like A Beast
Mantronic
Thunderhead
Cries In The Night
Restless Gypsy
The Headless Children
Forever Free
Blind In Texas
The Rock Rolls On
Sleeping (In The Fire)
---
Wild Child
LOVE Machine
I Wanna Be Somebody
Nostromo

09 Loka 2017, 14:33

Kuten jo aiemmin tullut sanottua, ei CIdol voisi vähempää kiinnostaa. Mutta tekikö bändi koskaan vastaavia 30v tms proggiksia niistä paremmista, aiemmista levyistä(1-4)?

Tosin myöhässähän olen jos joskus tuollaisia oli.
Jussi

09 Loka 2017, 14:49

^ Nope, vain se TCI 15th anniversary mikä riitti maailman parhaasta teemalevystä itelle silloin reilu 9(!) vuotta sitten.

Viisi vuotta sitten oli kryptinen "30 Years Of Thunder" -rundi, joka otti vähän ideaköyhästi kai bändin perustamisesta '82 tuon ohuenkin aasinsillan; ensilevytyksestä olisi minusta ollut loogisempi laskea. Ei se kauheasti eronnut viimeaikaisista silloin, ehkä hieman pidempi kuin ne käytännössä +/- 10 kappaletta sisältäneet Dominator tai Babylon -vedot. Esimerkki 2012:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/wasp/201 ... d17a8.html
Sabbathman

04 Joulu 2017, 15:15

W.A.S.P. julkaisee “Re-Idolized” BluRay/DVD/CD-paketin helmikuussa 2018

https://www.levykauppax.fi/dvd/wasp/rei ... ol/#559999

Odotettu 25-vuotisjuhlaversio W.A.S.P.:in teemalevy The Crimson Idolista julkaistaan helmikuussa 2018. Reidolized- The Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol 2CD/BluRay/DVD -boxin tarkka ilmestymispäivä on 2.2.2018. Levy on saatavissa myös tupla LP:nä. Uudelleen levytetyn albumin lisäksi paketilta löytyy elokuva tarinan päähenkilöstä Jonathan Steelestä.

Elokuvaa varten kuvattiin satoja tunteja materiaalia, mutta 60 minuutin filmi jäi aikanaan julkaisematta. Se on nähty Suomessakin äskettäin vierailleen Reidolized-kiertueen taustafilminä. Reidolizedilla ovat mukana myös ”The Crimson Idolilta” alunperin pois jääneet neljä kappaletta. Julkaisupäivä on siis 2.2.2018.

---

W.A.S.P. To Release 'Reidolized (The Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol)'
In February

November 17, 2017

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/w-a-s- ... -february/

This year marks the 25th anniversary of "The Crimson Idol" — the
legendary story of Jonathan Aaron Steele, which was originally
intended to be accompanied by a movie, with several hundred hours of
film that were shot to create approximately 60 minutes of movie
footage. The album is still considered to be the best of W.A.S.P.'s
career, and one of the greatest concept albums of all time. It
undoubtedly belongs in every metalhead's record collection.

Napalm Records now proudly presents "ReIdolized (The Soundtrack To The
Crimson Idol)" , the 25th anniversary of the iconic hit album plus the
original "The Crimson Idol" movie on DVD and Blu-ray. For the first
time ever as originally intended — film and soundtrack united and
released as one special product. The product will also feature four
missing songs that were originally intended to be part of the original
"The Crimson Idol".

"ReIdolized (The Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol)" will be released
worldwide on February 2, 2018 via Napalm Records.

CD1 track listing:

01. The Titanic Overture
02. The Invisible Boy
03. Arena Of Pleasure
04. Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)
05. The Gypsy Meets The Boy
06. Michael's Song
07. Miss You
08. Doctor Rockter

CD2 track listing:

01. I Am One
02. The Idol
03. Hold On To My Heart
04. Hey Mama
05. The Lost Boy
06. The Peace
07. Show Time
08. The Great Misconceptions Of Me
Munamankeli

04 Joulu 2017, 19:56

Sabbathman kirjoitti:W.A.S.P. julkaisee “Re-Idolized” BluRay/DVD/CD-paketin helmikuussa 2018
Jotenkin outoa, että monessakaan paikassa ei suoraan sanota levyn olevan uusi versio - ja vielä harvemmassa kerrotaan, ketkä sillä nykyään soittavat? Joka tapauksessa demonszone.com pitäjä väitti, että levyn MP3-versio olisi vahingossa päätynyt myyntiin Amazon UK:ssa. Arvio lupaa hyvää:
https://demonszone.com/albums/w-a-s-p/r ... mson-idol/
Sabbathman

27 Tammi 2018, 11:51

Hyvin rokkaa tämä uusi versio. Hyväksyn ja ostan! :metal:
W.A.S.P. Releases 'Chainsaw Charlie' Video From 'ReIdolized (The
Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol)'

January 26, 2018

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/w-a-s- ... mson-idol/

In December 2017, W.A.S.P. successfully completed its "ReIdolized"
tour supporting the 25th anniversary of the band's iconic hit album
"The Crimson Idol". The legendary story of Jonathan Aaron Steele will
finally be released in a re-recorded version and of the album with the
four "missing" songs — as originally intended — together with "The
Crimson Idol" movie on DVD and Blu-ray.

W.A.S.P. now presents the first glimpse of the incredible film
material that has never been officially released. Check out the video
for "Chainsaw Charlie" below.

[youtube]y_WSZN7c4Ak[/youtube]
Jussi

27 Tammi 2018, 14:17

Turha uusi versio. Toki saatu hämmästyttävällä pietiteetillä toisinnettua, mitä nyt vanhenneen Blackien aivan korkeimmissa rääkäisyissä huomaa eron ja tällä nykyisellä rumpalilla ei ole aivan samaa jyminäsoundia (& overdubbauksia käyetty tuossa) kuin 26 v. sitten. Mutta tuo sanojen vaihtaminen töksähtelee pahasti; ostakoon ken haluaa, mie en.
Koli

10 Helmi 2018, 21:34

Mitäs tästä uudesta Idolista nyt sanoisi? Biisit tietenkin kovia, mutta tarpeetonhan tämä on. Silti tullut kuunneltua kohtalaisen paljon. Eli turha, mutta kova.
Tästä ei ilmeisesti ole karvalakkiversiota? Itseäni kiinnostaisi pelkkä audio, kun ei näitä videoita tule koskaan katsottua. Keikalla näki mitä tarvitsi.

Sanojen muuntelu kyllä naurattaa. Jopa The Idolin alkuhöpinät on muokattu, jottei tuhmia sanoja tule mukaan. Miss You oli yllättäen nauhoitettu vähintään osittain uudelleen.
Vastaa Viestiin