Questions about Tuska & Finland

Tuska Metal Fest - keskustelu
tapani_doe

Re: Questions about Tuska & Finland

Post by tapani_doe »

Bodenlose Dosenhose wrote:Good to know. I just run through Helsinki yelling and screaming "painukaa homot vittuun, tilaan ensin!", "paska!" and "haista vittu!". ;)
Now you're starting to sound like a real Finnish person.
Welcome to the club.
shinara666

Post by shinara666 »

tapani_doe wrote:
Bodenlose Dosenhose wrote:Good to know. I just run through Helsinki yelling and screaming "painukaa homot vittuun, tilaan ensin!", "paska!" and "haista vittu!". ;)
Says someone from Vantaa. That makes it geologically a self-explanatory fact.

:o
tapani_doe

Post by tapani_doe »

shinara666 wrote:
tapani_doe wrote:

Only been living in Vantaa for 15 years now.
Originally from Pori.

As the saying goes: "Mikä vitt* teitä Porilaisia oikein vaivaa?"
:wink:
shinara666

Post by shinara666 »

tapani_doe wrote:
shinara666 wrote:
tapani_doe wrote:

Only been living in Vantaa for 15 years now.
Originally from Pori.
Double check. :D
LRZ

Post by LRZ »

At least 2 years ago, when there was European Cup, they didn't show the games. And yes, there's other metal bars too than the ones with clubs after Tuska.
ts
Imperiumi Assistant

Post by ts »

JesseBlue wrote:some other Festivals during the Football World Cup/European Cup they showing some of the games somewhere at the Ground. Is that also the case at the Tuska ?
Doubt it. If it were a case of World Cup Hockey then there might be a slight possibility :D
Koskenkorvasieni

Post by Koskenkorvasieni »

ts wrote:
JesseBlue wrote:some other Festivals during the Football World Cup/European Cup they showing some of the games somewhere at the Ground. Is that also the case at the Tuska ?
Doubt it. If it were a case of World Cup Hockey then there might be a slight possibility :D
Yep, hockey is a much more nationally popular sport in Finland than football/soccer. ;) I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility though, sounds like a killer idea for passing time at the beer area. :D
MacMoney

Post by MacMoney »

They won't be showing the games there. As people pointed out, football isn't that popular in Finland. As for smaller metal bars in the downtown area:

Heavy Corner
Hietaniemenkatu 2, Kamppi
00100 HELLSINKI

DarkSide club
Perhonkatu 6
00100 Helsinki

PRKL club
Kaisaniemenkatu 4
00100 Helsinki

These three at least, but of course, they're filled to the brim during Tuska.
allu!

Post by allu! »

Well, even though we don't have the best football team, we're still pretty big fans, here in Finland. I haven't been to Tuska during FIFA world cup before, so there's a slight chance there will be some kind of broadcast. I think it would be a great idea to have some games to watch there.
metalglory
Grey Eminence

Post by metalglory »

I'd also like to have these things in the festival area:
- nonstop video footages of Finnish ice hockey world championship match + Lordi's performance at Eurovision contest
- three saunas (for men, for women and mixed)
- outdoors club for pool and darts
- barbeque place(s)
- rentable mölkky kits
- a camping site to concentrate in

These I don't wish to experience at my Tuska festival:
- rain, hard wind, hot sunshine (21 Celsius with calm wind, semi-cloudy, preferred)
- narrowminded people

Please, brothers of metal?
Aspecti

Post by Aspecti »

@JesseBlue

Ale Pub (not exactly a metal bar, it's divided into two sections. Rock/metal upstairs and crap downstairs.)
Mannerheimintie 5, Kaivopiha
00100 Helsinki

On The Rocks
Mikonkatu 15
00100 Helsinki
MacMoney

Post by MacMoney »

allu! wrote:Well, even though we don't have the best football team, we're still pretty big fans, here in Finland. I haven't been to Tuska during FIFA world cup before, so there's a slight chance there will be some kind of broadcast. I think it would be a great idea to have some games to watch there.
With the amount of hassle and the lack of room as well as the cost of publicly showing YLE broadcasts, especially something as restricted as the FIFA world cup, I doubt it's feasible at all to the Tuska organization.
Furcifer

Post by Furcifer »

JesseBlue wrote:Good afternoon,

Also would like to know if there are any smaller metal clubs/bars around for few final drinks apart from the four mentioned on the festival homepage ?

many thanks yr help in advance
Here's few. I linked also how to get there from Tuska Festival location, kaisaniemi.

On the Rocks
On Google maps

Ale Pub As Aspecti mentioned, (not exactly a metal bar, it's divided into two sections. Rock/metal upstairs and crap downstairs.)
On Google maps

Heavy Corner
On Google maps

Club PRKL
On Google maps

Little bit distant, but worth mentioning.

Bar Tauko, Little Pub with heavy music
On Google maps

EDIT: Ok Tauko is closed at the moment, but might open at the and of june or in the beginning of july. Thanks Tintti & JHell
Last edited by Furcifer on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tintti

Post by Tintti »

^ Nice effort all and all but I need to mention that Tauko does not exist anymore.

Heavy Corner and PRKL have no after show gigs (might sometimes be a benefit after full day of gigs).
JHell

Post by JHell »

[quote="Tintti"]^ Nice effort all and all but I need to mention that Tauko does not exist anymore.
/quote]

Jossain Rock baarissa Vaasankadulla oli sama nainen duunissa, joka oli myös aina Tauko barissa ja kysyin häneltä aukeaako Tauko vielä joskus. Vastaus oli, että ehkä kesä/heinäkuun vaihteessa...
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

JHell wrote:
Tintti wrote:^ Nice effort all and all but I need to mention that Tauko does not exist anymore.
/quote]

Jossain Rock baarissa Vaasankadulla oli sama nainen duunissa, joka oli myös aina Tauko barissa ja kysyin häneltä aukeaako Tauko vielä joskus. Vastaus oli, että ehkä kesä/heinäkuun vaihteessa...
Mind your language. This topic is for english speaking only :huh:
KwE

Post by KwE »

JesseBlue wrote: Also would like to know if there are any smaller metal clubs/bars around
Bar Bäkkäri - http://www.backstagebar.fi/
Near by Heavy Corner

And I advice all the people avoid Ale Pub. There are only 15-17 year old teenagers, and they vomit all the places
Koskenkorvasieni

Post by Koskenkorvasieni »

KwE wrote:And I advice all the people avoid Ale Pub. There are only 15-17 year old teenagers, and they vomit all the places
Yep, it's what we finnish people like to call "teinihelvetti" (teen hell). ;) usually full of minors who get in with false or someone elses ID, drink themselves senseless, puke all over the place and if you try to hit on one they won't even put out...
nirgal

Post by nirgal »

JesseBlue wrote:i know from some other Festivals during the Football World Cup/European Cup they showing some of the games somewhere at the Ground. Is that also the case at the Tuska ? ( Just have seen that my "main Programm" for saturday crosses with an eventual Quarter Final of my team :lol: )
As you've already been told, not likely.
However, in case you decide to do some creative planning wrt when entering/leaving the festival grounds, I'm sure all the sports bars (e.g. Chelsea) show those matches. But of course, they'll be crowded.
MacMoney

Post by MacMoney »

Oh hey, forgot ravintola Kantis:

Ruoholahdenkatu 4 HELSINKI

The downstairs cellar usually has heavy music and definitely should around Tuska. Not that nice a place though, but fairly cheap. Or at least was the last time I was there, which admittedly was a few years ago.
Dime

Post by Dime »

JesseBlue wrote:Thanks sofar for all the information.

One other thing - i guess i´ve read somewhere that it´s not possible to leave the festival ground after entering and that there will be a wristband for every day ?

is that correct ?
Yeah, that's true. No wristbands though, they just cut a part of your ticket when you enter the festival ground. One part on Friday, one on Saturday etc.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

No (for the wristband) & yes (about one enter per day); check the 1st page of this topic.
Angry Neurotic

Post by Angry Neurotic »